Thursday, November 24, 2005

Tortured by karaoke

So I figured that I'd get a bit of the third degree at Thanksgiving regarding the new girlfriend. What I didn't expect was the creativity with which that ribbing would come. Our holiday karaokefest was marked by multiple lovesongs chosen by my aunts, uncles and cousins giving me a hard time about being away from Clare. Everyone is excited and happy for me, which is nice, although I did have to move into press conference mode with the karaoke mic to handle all the questions in one shot. Other than that, I've overeaten again this Thanksgiving, but that's to be expected isn't it?

Totally missing you Clare!

3 comments:

Clare said...

If I had been there, we could have sung "Islands in the Stream" and it would have been all good. Meanwhile, I'm still recovering from a food hangover. I've got about 20 more miles to run before I burn off the three gallons of gravy I had yesterday! See you Sunday! :)

Mrs. Ezell said...

You are officially on "notice" this is Clare's older sister keeping tabs....so far so good!
Jen

Mrs. Ezell said...

Oh and our family's blog is "The Ezell tree of fun and food" so you can do likewise