Monday, December 05, 2005

Steak, eggs and Da Bears

I love Chicago, always have and always will. What I think I love most though is the fact that you can't go anywhere on a Sunday during football season and miss a Bears game. That being said, there are some places that are better than others. Take for example The Lion's Head Pub. For $6 you can get a good NY Strip steak, two eggs, hash browns, and toast on any Sunday and if you're in the mood, buck fifty Miller lite drafts. Add to that the fact that everywhere you turn the Bears game is on, and you have the makings of a great Sunday afternoon.

That being said I'm getting a bit nervous watching the Bears lately. Yeah, their defense is ranked number one in the league, but their offense is HORRIBLE! Orton went 6/17 for 68 yards passing. Honestly, I could probably throw 6 for 17. Add to it that he's going with the neck beard. How can you respect a quarterback that's growing a neck beard! To call this offense anemic would be an offense to lackluster red blood cells everywhere.

While I think they're going to the playoffs I have my doubts that they'll actually win a game. Unless of course they can pull off a first round bye and home field advantage maybe they win. (Soldier Field in January? Green Bay is the only team I would give a chance, and they're definitely not going to be there.) That being said, if the Bears do end up in the Super Bowl, I'll be in line outside Soldier Field trying to get tickets.

2 comments:

Clare said...

I showed that breakfast who was boss...and then it had its revenge on me for about the next 12 hours. Oh well. I'd do it again!

I said it on Sunday and I'll say it again: Orton is a skank.

Mrs. Ezell said...

Oh, so this is why Clare is watching football....
Jen